Monday, March 29, 2010

21 (weeks)

I love being an expectant Momma. Here are my top 21 reasons–one for every week I've experienced this wonderful feeling: 

  1. Willing sacrificing my body for the life of another.
  2. Feeling an enormous amount of responsibility to make both good choices for me and my Little One.
  3. Preparing for baby.
  4. Thinking about all the conversations we'll have and hearing his cute kiddo responses.
  5. Pondering what I will pass on (good and bad) and what I will hold back.
  6. How much like my mother I will be. 
  7. Wondering if he'll be a Momma's boy.
  8. My endless curiosity whether or not he'll have hair when he's born and what color it'll be.
  9. Smiling for no particular reason.
  10. Rubbing my tummy whenever I feel like it.
  11. Talking to my Little One, both out loud and secret Momma to Boy talk.
  12. Getting a better sense each and every day about who he is.
  13. Pulling up my pants and tugging down at my shirt. I know that this seems like it would be a pain, but it's a small reminder that he's a growin' boy!
  14. Checking my iPhone "What to Expect" app every week for a new fruit/baby-size comparison. 
  15. Rubbing lotion and oil on my tummy.
  16. Glowing.
  17. Shopping for cute, yet non-maternity clothes. I'm not mentally there yet.
  18. Listening to NPR and classical music in the car because I think that it'll help him appreciate what good journalism and music are when he's out and about. 
  19. Eating ice cream slightly more frequently than normal...
  20. Feeling him squirm around–his new knick-name is Punchy Paws :)
  21. Seeing him figure out his digs by moving all about. Ever so often, when the stars align, I can see the little one moving around.
Oh, Little One, you are so love in such ridiculous amounts! Goodness, goodness, goodness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment